Senior Highway Engineer
Website AdvanceTRS Advance Training and Recruitment Services
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Job title: Senior Highway Engineer
Salary: £48,000 – £52,000
We are currently seeking a Senior Highway Engineer for our London-based international design and engineering consultancy. The successful candidate will lead and carry out assignments both domestically and internationally. The ideal candidate should have excellent technical skills, exceptional communication abilities, strong critical thinking capabilities, exceptional team collaboration skills, proficient leadership qualities, and sound project management skills. Our client is involved in multiple high-profile projects, including HS2 and HPC nuclear power station.
Requirements and Experience
- We are seeking a Chartered Civil Engineer who is professionally qualified for the role.
- The ideal candidate should have experience working on medium to large-scale projects related to highways and/or light rail.
- A key requirement for the role is a proven track record of working to DMRB standards, which are industry standards for the design and construction of highways in the UK.
- Additionally, the candidate should have experience producing high-quality technical reports.
- The ideal candidate should have a sound working knowledge of relevant national and international highway standards, contracts, methodologies, and procedures.
- Experience with pavement and road drainage design, as well as proficiency in the use of MX or Open Roads is required.
- Proven ability to build, maintain and develop relationships with other project sectors is essential.
- People management experience, including employee welfare, appraisals, training and development, resourcing, and recruitment, would be beneficial in this role.
- Conduct peer reviews of other technical outputs.
- Foster strong relationships with other disciplines within the company.
- Help in identifying and developing business opportunities, as well as building and sustaining client relationships both in the UK and overseas.
- Adhere to company procedures in the administration, delivery, and management of services.
- Produce professional, high-standard written technical reports.
- Embrace organisational changes and persuade others to modify their behaviour and attitudes as needed.
- Understand and be aware of the company’s values and business plan and contribute to both.
- Implement procedures for standardising work products and deliverables, including peer review to ensure consistency and excellence in the company’s technical work product.
- Collaborate with clients and local authorities to address queries and respond to technical issues.
- Undertake and lead assignments both in the UK and overseas.
- Guide graduates through the requirements and processes for completing their chartership.
- Create technical designs that adhere to DMRB standards, while also utilising alternative standards for international projects as necessary.
- Help in planning and organising resources to optimise fee income and utilisation.
- Assist in organising and managing technical staff, including acting as a line manager, supporting staff recruitment, training, continuing professional development (CPD), and implementing best practices and procedures.
- Observe and maintain the company’s health and safety policy in all activities.
- Undertake other reasonable duties as assigned by your line or assignment manager.
For information about this position or any others within the Civil/Structural Engineering design market, please contact Calum French on 02394317816
Please note to be considered for the role, you must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship requirements.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search