Senior Hydraulic Modeller
Job Title: Senior Hydraulic Modeller
Job Location: Exeter
Type of contract: Permanent – Full Time/Flexible
Our client is currently seeking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Hydraulic Modeller to join their Water Management Team on a permanent basis. This position would ideally be based in their Exeter office.
You will have the opportunity to be involved in and take a lead role in a wide range of multi-disciplinary projects, including flood alleviation studies, flood risk assessment, major infrastructure, and development work.
You will be involved in supporting works to water bodies classified under the Reservoirs Act, supporting work driven by the Water Framework Directive and engineering design of hydraulic structures and navigational works.
You will be responsible for the production, analysis, and review of 1D/2D hydraulic models, and the production of floodplain extents maps. You will be involved in the production of flood risk assessment reports, survey specifications and the management of surveyors.
You will be responsible for project management, undertaking a technical lead and discipline review role, and the mentoring and development of junior members of the team. Your client and stakeholder liaison skills at all levels will be important.
- You will be a BSc/BEng/MEng qualified.
- Chartered (Or be on route to chartership).
- You will have experience in hydraulic modelling using Flood Modeller and TUFLOW
- UK experience in engineering design, river engineering, restoration/habitat improvement, flood alleviation schemes and surface water design on projects from pre planning stage all the way through to construction detail.
- You will have experience of producing and running 1D/2D hydraulic models and have the ability to use models to inform reports and design.
- You will have an understanding of land development and national planning policy.
- You will have strong GIS skills and have significant experience of using some of the following software: Flood Modeller, TUFLOW, ESTRY, HEC-RAS, ICM, MapInfo / Arc / QGIS, Micro Drainage FloodFlow.
- Your passion and experience of delivering quality design solutions is most crucial to your success in this role.
- You will be ambitious, forward thinking and have a desire to better your career.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search