Signalling Design Delivery Manager
Website AdvanceTRS Advance Training and Recruitment Services
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Alstom are looking for curious and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Alstom creates smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. Joining Alstom means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Working for Alstom, a market leader with the most up-to-date technology, you will have the opportunity to learn, develop and grow in a thriving, technical company with the chance to progress quickly. Benefit from a nurturing culture of inclusive and collaborative innovation, joining a team of the right talents to solve real-world mobility challenges and invent the transport systems of tomorrow.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Signalling Design Delivery Manager based in York. The Signalling Design Delivery Manager will provide technical leadership to the design teams, they will report directly to the Signalling Design Engineering Manager.
The successful candidate will manage design teams in the safe execution of signalling design activities required to deliver signalling project works.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead a Signalling Design team in the delivery of major and minor project works whilst undertaking the role as CRE Signalling Design
- Undertake mentorship and coaching to support the succession planning throughout the Design Engineering business
- Work with the Signalling Design Engineering Manager and project planners to develop and maintain accurate delivery schedules and resource forecasts
- Undertake work package management and be accountable for the delivery of the engineering activities.
- Undertake design reviews to ensure design is delivered to programme and output is compliant to scope and applicable standards
- 8.110 IRSE Engineering Manager (Design) License
- HNC/HND Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Experience of signalling design with an in-depth knowledge of Signalling Systems
- Experience of applying CDM (Construction, Design and Management Regulations), CSM (Common Safety Method) and RSSB (Rail Safety and Standards Board)
- Ability to understand and interpret electrical and electronic circuits, data sheets and specifications
- 1.550 IRSE Signalling Principles Designer License
- BSc or BEng degree level education in an engineering discipline
- Experience tendering signalling design projects
- Detailed knowledge of signalling interlocking systems
For further information on this fantastic opportunity contact Emily Peek at Advance TRS
Advance TRS are RPO partners for Alstom’s permanent staff recruitment drive of rail signalling management, engineering and installation professionals in York, Derby, Birmingham, London, and Bristol, as part of CP6.
Advance TRS is a niche recruitment consultancy specialising in the provision of highly skilled technical professionals for the built environment. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver an exceptional level of customer service and seek to create long-lasting, dependable relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search