Signalling Design Verifier
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Alstom are looking for curious and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Alstom creates smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. Joining Alstom means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Working for Alstom, a market leader with the most up-to-date technology, you will have the opportunity to learn, develop and grow in a thriving, technical company with the chance to progress quickly. Benefit from a nurturing culture of inclusive and collaborative innovation, joining a team of the right talents to solve real-world mobility challenges and invent the transport systems of tomorrow.
A new opportunity has arisen for a Signalling Design Verifier to join an experienced signalling team based in either Derby or York. The Signalling Design Verifier will be an integral part of the team and will have the opportunity to increase knowledge and showcase their talent to others within the industry.
The successful candidate will work on major re-signalling projects as part of the CP6 frameworks, as well as working with one of the latest signalling equipment’s available on the market. They will also highlight and identify best practises across the processes.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Production, Verification and Validation Signalling design deliverable at a principle and system level in accordance with project programme, budgetary and technical requirements
- Support the Responsible Engineer with the identification of operational risks, construction risk, maintenance risk and system risk within design
- Identify best practice signalling processes as part of a continual improvement plan to increase efficiency and minimise cost of non-quality and technical / delivery risk
- Application of Signalling Verification and Design Process at a principle and system level
- Application of CDM (Construction, Design and Management Regulations)
- Application of the RSSB (Rail Safety and Standards Board)
- Application of Network Rail Standards (or equivalent)
- Verification of risk assessments
- Knowledge of CSM (Common Safety Method)
- Computer skills including CAD
- IRSE 1.1.160 IRSE Signalling Design Verifier
- IRSE 1.1.550 IRSE Principle Design Licence
- Willing to learn and be driven to progress within the company structure
- Good time management and time keeping
For further information on this fantastic opportunity contact Jake Rogers at Advance TRS
Advance TRS are RPO partners for Alstom’s permanent staff recruitment drive of rail signalling management, engineering and installation professionals in York, Derby, Birmingham, London, and Bristol, as part of CP6.
Advance TRS is a niche recruitment consultancy specialising in the provision of highly skilled technical professionals for the built environment. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver an exceptional level of customer service and seek to create long-lasting, dependable relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search