Signalling Functional Tester
Alstom are looking for curious and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Alstom creates smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. Joining Alstom means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Working for Alstom, a market leader with the most up-to-date technology, you will have the opportunity to learn, develop and grow in a thriving, technical company with the chance to progress quickly. Benefit from a nurturing culture of inclusive and collaborative innovation, joining a team of the right talents to solve real-world mobility challenges and invent the transport systems of tomorrow.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Signalling Functional Tester based in either York or Derby. The Functional Tester will report directly to the Tester in Charge.
The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking testing and delivery of the component parts of the signalling scheme.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Undertake COSS / SWL duties and ensure a safe system of work is maintained
- Control the daily work in line with the testing & commissioning plan, WP and Task Briefings
- Ensure safe delivery of the testing for component parts of a signalling scheme
- Ensure that work is completed compliant to the contract and group standard
- Maintain Verification/functional testers license
- Hold a valid Functional Testers license
- Knowledge of planning and risk assessment processes
- Hold a valid PTS ac/dc Certificate
- Knowledge of HSE requirements
- ONC or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
- Associate member of IRSE
- Mod 1 License 1.3.190
For further information on this fantastic opportunity contact Lily Kaye at Advance TRS
Advance TRS are RPO partners for Alstom’s permanent staff recruitment drive of rail signalling management, engineering and installation professionals in York, Derby, Birmingham, London, and Bristol, as part of CP6.
Advance TRS is a niche recruitment consultancy specialising in the provision of highly skilled technical professionals for the built environment. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver an exceptional level of customer service and seek to create long-lasting, dependable relationships.
Visit our website for more information about opportunities to join Alstom or how we can support your next career move.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search