Signalling Project Engineering Manager
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Alstom are looking for curious and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Alstom creates smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. Joining Alstom means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Working for Alstom, a market leader with the most up-to-date technology, you will have the opportunity to learn, develop and grow in a thriving, technical company with the chance to progress quickly. Benefit from a nurturing culture of inclusive and collaborative innovation, joining a team of the right talents to solve real-world mobility challenges and invent the transport systems of tomorrow.
An exciting opportunity has arisen as a Signalling Project Engineering Manager in Cambridge to join a Tier 1 contractor to work on major re-signalling projects in the UK.
The successful candidate will be leading the engineering delivery of a project including support of the onsite construction activities and project integration activities. The Signalling Project Engineering Manager is also required to support the integration of the project design activities.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Functionally manage the Engineering activities for a project, taking responsibility for the safety, development, and welfare of the site engineering team.
- Implement and maintain best practise signalling engineering processes
- Undertake design reviews to ensure it is delivered to programme and meets the client specification
- Support Signalling Systems & Infrastructure business development with tendering activities
- Support the Competence Manager with the execution of the IRSE licensing scheme and internal competence management scheme
- Document project derogations or temporary non-compliances required by the project, liaising with the Professional Head of Signalling
- Experience leading the Engineering Delivery on multidisciplinary projects
- Be able to develop System Specification and Requirements
- Senior Engineering Manager (Projects) (7.8.23oF) or Engineering Manager (Projects) (7.8.23oF) IRSE License
- Corporate membership of the IRSE with IEng or higher
- Valid PTS (Personal Track Safety) Certificate
- Meng or BEng degree level education in an engineering discipline
For further information on this fantastic opportunity contact Sam Blair at Advance TRS
Advance TRS are RPO partners for Alstom’s permanent staff recruitment drive of rail signalling management, engineering and installation professionals in York, Derby, Birmingham, London, and Bristol, as part of CP6.
Advance TRS is a niche recruitment consultancy specialising in the provision of highly skilled technical professionals for the built environment. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver an exceptional level of customer service and seek to create long-lasting, dependable relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search