Telecoms Engineering Manager
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Alstom are looking for curious and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Alstom creates smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. Joining Alstom means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Working for Alstom, a market leader with the most up-to-date technology, you will have the opportunity to learn, develop and grow in a thriving, technical company with the chance to progress quickly. Benefit from a nurturing culture of inclusive and collaborative innovation, joining a team of the right talents to solve real-world mobility challenges and invent the transport systems of tomorrow.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Telecoms Engineering Manager. The Telecoms Engineering Manager will report directly to the Infrastructure Engineering Manager.
The successful candidate will manage the telecoms organisation, including contractors, in the safe execution of telecoms design, installation, testing and commissioning activities.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Management of the telecoms department in setting of budgets, training and development and succession planning
- Monitor resourcing levels against all projects
- Liaise with planner and other discipline leads to develop and maintain accurate delivery schedules and resource forecasts
- Monitor, action and be accountable for discrepancies where deviations to programme and forecast occur
- Ensure procedures and work practises are documented and managed
- Motivate and develop staff, supporting team members to achieve their plans and growth targets
- Degree level education in an electronic/telecoms engineering discipline or HND with time served
- Telecoms design, installation, testing and commissioning within the railway environment
- Knowledge of station comms, CCTV, CIS, PA, PAVA
- Extensive knowledge of engineering interface with other disciplines, e.g., Power, Civil Engineering, Signalling
- Member of IET/MIRSE
- Knowledge of London Underground standards and practises
- Knowledge of railway construction methods and materials used
- IRSE Engineering Manager’s License
For further information on this fantastic opportunity contact Ben Shayegan at Advance TRS
Advance TRS are RPO partners for Alstom’s permanent staff recruitment drive of rail signalling management, engineering and installation professionals in York, Derby, Birmingham, London, and Bristol, as part of CP6.
Advance TRS is a niche recruitment consultancy specialising in the provision of highly skilled technical professionals for the built environment. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver an exceptional level of customer service and seek to create long-lasting, dependable relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search