Wastewater Modellers – All grades (Graduate to Principal)
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Our Water Team have a combined 50+ years’ recruitment experience specialising in Water Engineering (Civils / MEICA / Process), Rivers & Coastal, Flood Risk & Drainage, Hydraulic Modelling, Hydrology, Environmental and Project Management.
Our team has extensive experience and detailed market knowledge of the various water & wastewater AMP7 and Environment Agency framework agreements. We work with a wide variety of clients including water utility companies, engineering consultancies and Design & Build contractors.
Do you have proven experience and technical knowledge of Wastewater Hydraulic Modelling?
We currently have a number of exciting opportunities available for Wastewater Modellers at all grades, from Graduate to Principal, in a variety of locations across the UK. Currently key locations include, but are not limited to:
Exeter, Bristol, Cardiff, Reading, London (and surrounding areas), Haywards Heath, Brighton, Birmingham, Peterborough, Derby, Sheffield, Leeds, Manchester, Warrington, Liverpool, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Glasgow & Belfast
These are permanent vacancies and would be offering a salary dependant on individual candidate experience and expectations.
As a Wastewater Modeller you will form a part of our clients’ hydraulic modelling team which generally support their wider engineering business focused on wastewater networks, integrated catchment management, flood alleviation, sustainable urban drainage (SuDS) and stormwater management.
Many of our clients have a diverse and growing portfolio of projects & frameworks, delivering to the majority of the UK Water Companies, the Environment Agency, Lead Local Authorities, as well as a broad range of overseas clients.
Depending on the grade that you are applying for the responsibilities can vary, but could include some of the following:
- Conducting optioneering, solution development, model builds, calibration, and verification of complex hydraulic models.
- Hydraulic and Water Quality Analysis – intelligent assessment of catchment hydraulics and pollutant sources to identify needs and risks.
- Integrated Catchment Modelling – constructing models for assessing the interaction between sewers (storm and foul), watercourses and overland flows.
- Storm Overflow Assessment Framework (SOAF) and Water Framework Directive (WFD) delivery.
- Degree qualified in a relevant engineering or science discipline (e.g. Civil Engineering, Geography, Water & Environmental Engineering, Hydraulics)
- For Senior / Principal level opportunities – attained Chartered status via ICE or CIWEM (or the desire to work towards this accreditation)
- Experience in urban drainage / wastewater network modelling.
- Competence in the use of hydraulic modelling software such as Infoworks ICM
- Awareness and understanding of UK Water industry legislation, policies and regulatory issues.
- For more senior grades candidates should have a proven track record in one or more of business development, client management, project management and line management.
- Ability to analyse complex information and to present this logically and accurately in reports or verbal presentations.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
What’s in it for you
Advance TRS aim to assist our candidates to achieve their desired career ambitions. Motivations from candidates to explore new career opportunities can include:
- Increased salary – Advance TRS can provide expert advice on salary benchmarking within hydraulic modelling. We can quickly advise if your current salary is keeping up with market rates and work with you to determine what you should be aiming for.
- Better employee benefits – Advance TRS can provide insight to the clients in the market who are offering excellent employee benefits. This could include holiday allowances, pension contributions, bonus’, car / travel allowances, hybrid/remote working, 9 day fortnights, training allowances, medical cover, share save schemes, profit share, physical & mental wellbeing, group discounts and many more.
- Career progression – Advance TRS can help you to achieve your career progression ambitions by highlighting roles that offer training and development support, Chartership mentoring, new responsibilities and promotion opportunities.
- More interesting projects / frameworks – Advance TRS have good oversight of which clients are working on different frameworks. This may suit candidates who are seeking to work on large flagship schemes or specific frameworks. We can also help candidates who are looking for more of a challenge around growing and developing teams, mentoring junior staff, business development, client & stakeholder engagement and project management.
- Location & work/life balance – Perhaps you are looking to relocate and are not sure of the best employers to approach. You may be seeking a role that provides more flexibility around hours worked per week (full-time / part-time), flexible hours, office / hybrid / remote working. Advance TRS can help you to secure a new position that fits better with your personal life.
- Culture – You may just be looking for a more dynamic, supportive, inclusive, diverse and/or exciting working environment. There could be areas of conflict within your current team affecting your overall wellbeing which has prompted you to consider a change.
Regardless of your reasons for exploring new opportunities, Advance TRS will work with you in an open, honest and transparent way to provide advice and guidance with the ultimate aim of helping you to improve your career prospects.
All conversations would remain entirely confidential and we pride ourselves on our ‘no pressure’ approach to exploring new options. If you can rectify any lingering concerns with your current employer prior to making applications elsewhere then we would highly recommend this as your first course of action. Advance TRS can provide advice on how to approach this conversation.
If you would like to discuss some of the current hydraulic modelling opportunities within the UK Water sector that are relevant to your skills and experience then please contact Alex Shaw (Principal Consultant) on 07931815066 or send an email to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search