Across the capital, London Underground are carrying out complex electrical work needed to ‘recontrol’ the signals, moving control of the signals from the side of the track to new, state-of-the-art operating centres, and re-fitting existing ones. These upgraded signalling technologies will mean more capacity, greater reliability and a safer network for all – fundamentally transforming the way the railway operates.
In November 2016 Advance TRS was approached by an existing Managed Accounts client to supply resource for a new package of works, building Signalling Equipment Rooms on 5x London Underground Stations.
Starting with the final tender phases, Advance TRS placed extra commercial resource, including Commercial Managers to close out the bid process. Upon contract award to our client, the Advance TRS Account Management team worked closely with the client to schedule the necessary resource required to deliver the project. To date this has included:
- Site Management – Works Manager, Site Managers, Site Supervisors
- Commercial/Project Management – Design Managers, Commercial Managers, HSQE Manager
- Engineers – Site Engineers, Section Engineers
- Project Delivery – Bricklayers, Electricians, Labourers, Forklift Drivers, Fire Watchmen, Electrical Mates, Slinger Banksmen, Site Security
Delivery: with the first, pre-delivery roles commencing assignment in December 2016 Advance TRS have delivered full project resource over the past 12 months, managing contractors overall 5 stations through each stage of the project with up to 70 contractors working at any one time. In the first 10 months of works over 50,000 man hours have been delivered, incident free. Advance TRS have planned resource working with works managers to ensure project delivery and running working hours for the client’s internal project costing.
Compliance: Advance TRS has also successfully managed and maintained all workers tickets, ensuring each worker is fully complaint and working safely. This includes;
- LU ICI – all workers
- CSCS – majority
- SSSTS & SMST – all Site Managers and Supervisors
- First Aid (3-day course) – all Site Managers and Supervisors
- Face Fitting – all workers
- Variety of role-specific tickets including; LU Fire Watchman and JIB ECS.
Ongoing: Following a successful resourcing partnership and delivery of the first 5x stations, Advance TRS will begin to supply the next stage of works for our client’s successful bid for the next 5 stations in the new year.