Advance TRS Construction are currently assisting a renowned specialist contractor and main contractor with their search for an experienced Project Quantity Surveyors to join their construction major projects division based in NW London.
As Project Quantity Surveyor your responsibilities will include;
- The company Health and Safety policy is complied with and promoted.
- The project commercial team is properly supervised and supported.
- Project commercial tasks and targets including the maximisation of profit and budgetary control are delivered.
- In the first instance company procedures and protocols are complied with by the project commercial team.
- The procurement of Sub-Contractors; Consultants and Supply packages are as far as possible within pre-agreed budgetary constraints.
- Work package tender returns are properly analysed, and pre-start meetings attended and detailed Order placement recommendations are submitted to the Senior and/or Managing Quantity Surveyor.
- Orders are placed with Sub-Contractors; Consultants and Suppliers in accordance with company procedures and contractual arrangements.
- Interim and final account applications from Sub-Contractors; Consultants and Suppliers are received and payments made in accordance with current legislation and company protocols;
- Subject to any approval requirements by the Senior and/or Senior Quantity Surveyor interim and final account applications for payment and retention release are submitted on behalf for the Company.
- Internal cost and value reconciliation reports are prepared for approval by the Senior and/or Managing Quantity Surveyor.
- Changes/variations are submitted and agreed with the Employer on a regular basis.
- Written instructions are received, or confirmation of verbal instructions issued.
- The Value Engineering process is properly managed.
- The Building Contract in the first instance is properly administered and the interests of the company in respect of extension of time and loss and/or expense entitlements protected and maintained.
- Sub-Contractor/Consultant/Supplier claims are in the first instance properly administered
- Subject to approval of the Managing and/or Senior Quantity Surveyor Sub-Contract; Consultant and Suppliers final accounts are properly administered in accordance with the commercial interests of the Company.
- Accurate and appropriate records are maintained.
- Take-offs, measurement, scheduling preparation of bills of quantities are properly carried out.
- Appropriate training and mentoring of the project commercial team takes place.
- Project level correspondence is instigated and responded to properly and in a professional manner.
- Appropriate attendance to project related meetings occurs
- Partial Possession notices are submitted where appropriate.
- Requests for Section and Practical Completion are submitted and records kept in support of application
- Attend design team meetings to ensure compliance with Contract and minimise unnecessary cost.
- Attend meetings reviewing matters such as Code for Sustainable Homes, BREEAM, planning to ensure Contract and cost is properly managed.
- In the absence of a Senior Quantity Surveyor carry out their role as adequately as possible and inform the Managing Surveyor and/or Head(s) of the Commercial Department of any duties you have difficulty with.
What we’re looking for:
- BSc in Quantity Surveying / Commercial Management
- Commercially astute with substantially proven experience within a commercial role in the Construction Industry working for main contract or shell & core specialist subcontractor
- Excellent knowledge of Standard Forms of Contract (NEC & JCT) and Standard Methods of Measurement.
- Computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office Applications (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint).
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a thriving business with the value of adding your skills and expertise in commercial management project responsibilities, ensuring timely, safe and financially beneficial solutions to contract project delivery.
Don’t hesitate to contact us to gather more detailed information…
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.