Join a world leading project management consultancy as a design manager (M&E) on large infrastructure projects in London. You will have the opportunity to work in new industries such as Rail, Aviation, Education and Commercial, whilst progressing and gaining new experience’s in project management. The right candidate will have worked in the design stage of infrastructure projects and have good knowledge of the CDM regulations.
As a design manager your core duties will involve:
- Deliver effective design management on individual projects, ensuring implementation of measures such as energy-efficient design, materials selection, waste reduction, and transportation optimisation
- Develop the project scope for the design and installation of building services
- Develop the design brief for external design consultants, ensuring that the design contract is implemented and effectively managed through the design process
- Seek safe and cost-effective design solutions to meet project requirements, while also prioritising the reduction of carbon emissions and increasing sustainability in projects
- Manage external design consultants, ensuring that design outputs are reviewed, co-ordinated and meet quality requirements
- Monitor, coordinate and provide technical input to any design changes throughout the construction and handover stages
What skills and attributes are we looking for from you:
- Degree level or equivalent in a mechanical or electrical engineering discipline
- Experience in engineering design on large infrastructure projects
- Understanding of project close out and handover process
- Knowledge of NEC contracts is desirable
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search