Senior or Principal Hydraulic Modeller
Job Title: Senior or Principal Hydraulic Modeller
Location: Birmingham, UK
Salary: £50k-£65k (experience dependant)
Type: Full time / permanent / Hybrid (minimum 3 days per weeks in office)
Please note: applicants would need to be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship and already have UK sector experience to be considered.
Our client is one of the largest engineering and design consultancies in the UK, successfully delivering multidisciplinary project to a multitude of clients.
Their Networks & Drainage Solutions team delivers projects for the majority of the UK Water Companies, the EA, many Lead Local Flood Authorities, as well as a broad range of overseas clients.
Due to a large increase in work, they are seeking to recruit an ambitious Senior or Principal Hydraulic Modeller, to lead and develop a new hydraulic modelling team in their Birmingham office. Working alongside a wider team of Engineers you will play a key role in delivering to a range of clients including Water Companies, Local Authorities and Developers across the Midlands, Southwest and Wales.
We seek to appoint a Senior / Principal Hydraulic Modeller to our Asset Planning business to build a new hydraulic modelling team, to support an increasing portfolio and workload.
The successful candidate should be degree qualified, have appropriate professional qualifications, and have a broad range of experience in:
- Model Build and Verification – creating robust sewer network models that are suitable for analysis and solution development.
- Hydraulic and Water Quality Analysis – intelligent assessment of catchment hydraulics and pollutant sources to identify needs and risks.
- Solution Development- development of outline designs, and support through detailed design process.
- Integrated Catchment Modelling – constructing models for assessing the interaction between sewers (storm and foul), watercourses and overland flows.
- Catchment Planning – determination of hydraulic, environmental, and operational needs of catchments and the development of various horizon strategies to improve catchment performance.
- Blue Green Infrastructure
The successful candidate shall demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the Wastewater market sector, excellent technical skills and have a proven track record in one or more of business development, client management, project management and line management.
- Coaching and people management skills
- Knowledge of the water environment and sustainability.
- A natural curiosity for developing innovative, sustainable, and cost-effective solutions for our clients.
- Understanding of UK Water Industry and regulatory issues.
- Proven track record in coordinating and delivering technically excellent projects on time and to budget.
- Attained a chartered status (ICE or CIWEM).
- Skilled in the use of Hydraulic modelling software.
- First class written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working on Storm Water Management and Sustainable Drainage Systems (SUDS).
- Experience working with software such as FME, Power Bi, and/or programming tools such as Ruby, Python and Visual Basic.
- Experience of team working on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Sound commercial understanding.
- Project Management skills.
- Able to develop and motivate junior team members.
- Leading of the project team, responsible for resource planning and management.
- Technical and project management of DWMPs and other projects including Hydraulic Model Build and verification, Storm Water Management, SUDS, drainage, option development, SOAF and WFD delivery.
- Undertake Project Manager role on projects where required.
- Support in the development of Client Relationship with our key Water Company and non-Water Company clients to support growth.
- Support in the preparation of bid documents and estimates.
- Promote staff development through training, on-the-job experience, and personal development.
- Contributing towards technical innovation and improvement workgroups.
We seek an Individual that can demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- A hard working and flexible individual, an excellent team leader, who has great attention to detail, is reliable, shows initiative and is proactive and able to deliver to set deadlines.
- Good team working skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Enthusiasm about urban drainage and it’s role within the environment.
- A confident and professional manner.
- A supportive approach to mentoring less experienced members of the team.
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with clients and the whole project team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search