Job Title: Senior / Principal Flood Risk Modeller
Salary: £45-55k (experience dependant)
Location: Birmingham, UK
Type: Perm / Full time / Hybrid flex
Our clients Sustainable Water Management Team are seeking Senior or Principal Hydraulic Modellers to help deliver their national programme of work. Focussing on the delivery of flood risk management projects, you will have the opportunity to be a major contributor leading external and internal clients. You will be responsible for driving the direction of projects working with other disciplines within the water team and overseeing and mentoring the work of a team of hydraulic modellers.
Our clients team has a broad portfolio of work including providing input to planning submissions for the water environment for major infrastructure projects and FCERM studies working across the energy, transport, government and water sectors.
You will have the opportunity to collaborate in the leadership of their national technical delivery groups providing direction for the national hydraulic modelling team and supporting innovation in the delivery in these studies.
As a lead member of the team, you will be responsible for delivering and overseeing projects for local authorities, private clients and major infrastructure clients providing a range of flood risk management related services.
- Identifying prospective opportunities and leading on the preparation of proposals.
- Providing project, commercial and financial management for projects.
- Undertaking client and stakeholder liaison.
- Technical leadership and coordination on multidisciplinary projects led by the water team.
- Undertaking Quality Assurance technical reviews.
- Preparation of reports or the supervision of others.
- Mentoring and technical development of others.
- Preparing and delivery of both project and technical presentations.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Chartership with a relevant professional body.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Proven track record in undertaking hydraulic model reviews for statutory body review.
- Knowledge of the Flood Estimation Handbook.
- Experience in any of the following areas:
- Water Environment Planning Policy
- FCERM Business case development
- Options Appraisal
- Public Consultation
- Commercial experience, including project management and bid preparation.
- Ability to work within multidisciplinary teams.
- Relevant experience of delivering infrastructure projects or working with local authority/national government.
- Drive and ability to build client relationships and develop suitable opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.