The IRPM Regional Seminar, Brighton
25th September 2018
The Advance TRS Property team attended the Institute of Residential Property Management (IRPM) Regional Seminar in Brighton on Thursday 13th September.
The speakers and presentations were really informative and the team listened in on the various topics that were discussed. Some of the information that the team took away were:
- It was announced on the 1st April this year that it will be mandatory for Leasehold Property Managers to be qualified and do ongoing CPD
- Reforms to Leasehold and Commonhold will be on their way
- There are approximately 4 million leaseholders in the UK
- New build houses are no longer allowed to be leasehold
- Working Group 8 are looking at having Building Safety Managers for each block/estate who will be legally accountable for its safety and will more than likely need professional indemnity insurance
- The IRPM qualification will be made up of 4 key elements – Technical, Safety, Customer Focus and Ethics & Behavior
There was also a talk from Gudrun Burnet who was giving insights on the topic of domestic abuse. She is involved in a number of organisations, including Against Violence & Abuse (AVA) and Domestic Abuse Housing Alliance – DAHA.
AVA is focused around those areas where they can make the best contribution to ending violence and abuse. They are doing this by providing innovative training, developing a range of toolkits, e-learning and other material that supports professionals to provide effective and appropriate support to survivors of violence and abuse and much more.
DAHA has a mission to improve the housing sector’s response to domestic abuse through the introduction and adoption of an established set of standards and an accreditation process. DAHA is a partnership between three agencies who are leaders in innovation to address domestic abuse within housing; Standing Together Against Domestic Violence (STADV), Peabody and Gentoo.
We will be at the next 4 IRPM regional seminars. The next one is on the 2nd October in Birmingham. Please contact us if you would like to arrange a meeting!
To view our latest jobs click here.