This year for the first time, Advance TRS are delighted to launch a summer internship for someone looking to develop their skills in social media representing a brand. As a Social Media Intern, you’ll work alongside our Marketing Executive and Marketing & Development Director on all social media content & creative strategy; making sure our business’s content is on-brand, reaching the right people, and converting them into candidates or new recruits for our growing team.
You’ll be working on core channels across Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and supporting our LinkedIn strategy. So if you’re passionate about social media and content creation – then this is the role for you!
Ella Gardiner, our Marketing and Development Director began her career in marketing by completing a summer internship that lead to a permanent role and has never looked back.
“After graduating from university I was unsure as to what steps to take to start my career in the professional world. I was fortunate enough to land an opportunity as a summer intern for a non-profit group and got stuck right in. It was a great way to get my first taste of office life after full-time education without too much pressure. After a number of weeks in the position, a permanent role became available and I was over the moon when my application was accepted.”
“Although I had had part-time jobs in retail, child care and hospitality throughout my teens and university career, working in an office environment was a big adjustment and the internship was a great way for me to get adjusted, meet people and learn how I could best apply my skill set and experience to supporting a brands marketing strategy”.
Ella has progressed her career since beginning in marketing and was recently promoted to Marketing and Development Director at the award-winning £30 million turnover company based in central Guildford. Since joining the business 6 years ago as Events and PR Coordinator, Ella has grown with the business and developed skills across the marketing, training, and development fields.
“As our business continues to grow and the opportunity for our brand to be represented in new ways on new channels increases, this is a great time to extend this opportunity to someone looking to apply their skills to an established brand and have some creative fun too”.
This year signifies a high growth period for the business, with a new office planned for central London and large intakes of new staff at both existing offices in Guildford and Port Solent, this is a great time to join the business with a number of significant marketing campaigns and events planned for the new Intern to get stuck into.
The successful candidate will be;
- Building & developing your own, and the company’s, approach to social media content.
- Applying original thought to create beautiful content for our channels.
- Working on social media strategy and constantly optimising campaigns to achieve the absolute best results for the team, taking into account performance across different channels.
- Assisting in the growth of our Influencer Marketing service.
- Planning & booking influencers to drive revenue for our clients.
- Supporting the Marketing Executive to report on and analyse performance and engagement.
The ideal candidate will:
- want to build a career in Social Media Marketing, and see yourself growing within a fast-growth agency.
- be an enthusiastic & passionate person, who genuinely cares about your work and wants to do the absolute best you can.
- be creative and have experience with creating content, and have the desire to continue growing those skills.
- have strong organisational skills.
- need to be curious and adaptable: it’s a fast-moving company and social advertising even more so, products change and adapt weekly and you must be happy with keeping up to date with changes and learning about how they may impact our output.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you or someone you know, please have a look at what it’s like to work for Advance TRS, check out our company Instagram or contact Ella for more information.