Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Job Title Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Location Site – Guildofrd
Operating Unit Infrastructure
Salary £28’000 – £33’000 Plus Package
To provide Quantity Surveying assistance to the commercial and operational teams on an infrastructure maintenance framework around Guildford. This role offers the opportunity to develop your career in Quantity Surveying, with continued professional development and support.
To prepare and maintain Commercial data for use in the management of infrastructure maintenance and repair work, consisting of:
- Ensuring All External works data records are kept up to date and accurate
- Raise of external Payment requests and track cash receipts
- Preparation of Subcontract Applications for Payment
- Liaise with the Finance, subcontract and other company department to ensure good communication is maintained throughout
- Assisting in the monthly Cost Value Reconciliation reporting process
- Reconciliation of the weekly productivity figures against Budget Forecasts to produce Client reports
- Measurement and quantities for interim valuations (client and sub-contractors
- Become competent in commercial procedures, systems, cost control, variations of contract conditions.
- Ad hoc duties as job requires.
Flexible working arrangement in line with Company policy can be adopted for this role, But to get the most out of the professional development and support on site, it would be recommended to be on site as much as possible.
Site set up is in a regional office Depot, with a capacity for the whole framework team to sit, currently at 70% capacity due to flexible working.
Driving to site is a must, parking on site.
Internal – Commercial and operations team
External – Client & Supply chain
- 5 GCSE’s or equivalent including Maths and English
Knowledge and Experience
- IT proficient, particularly in MS Office
- Good command and communication of oral and written English
- Previous commercial experience preferable in Infrastructure
- Good working Knowledge of Excel with particular emphasis on data manipulation
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search