Technical recruiters for the built environment
Dublin or Limerick
Do you have experience with 2D and 3D CAD? Are you in search of a new and exciting role? If so, this might be the opportunity that you are looking for where the client is an industry leader in flood and water engineering where you will be able to develop and expand your career.
My client has an exciting opportunity for a CAD Technician to join their growing engineering and landscape architecture teams where you will be provided with the opportunity to work on a variety of projects involving national scale coastal and fluvial defence schemes, landscape and public realm developments, river naturalisation and nature-based drainage solutions.
Working with their team of senior engineers, scientists, and landscape architects you will assist in the preparation of high-quality design drawings for a broad range of engineering and landscape
The client is a multi-disciplinary practice and as such the role will not reside in one individual discipline but will allow opportunity to work across all their teams.
As the CAD Technician, you will be responsible for the management of CAD Standards across the
Irish Company. They have established ISO and BIM protocols that will help guide you in your
development and there are shared learning opportunities across the whole organisation.
Key competencies required for the role:
The role would be ideally suited to a technician with experience in an architectural practice or in a civil engineering design office and preferably hold a Higher Certificate (NFQ Level 6).
The ideal candidate is a methodical worker with a great eye for detail and a desire to learn.
Who they’re looking for:
- Applicants would ideally have a minimum 3 years post-graduate experience in either an architectural practice or engineering office assisting in the preparation of drawings for outline and detailed designs for civil engineering projects.
They are looking for someone who is:
- proficient in the use of 2D & 3D Autodesk drafting packages (E.g. AutoCAD);
- An awareness of QGIS is beneficial
- A proactive approach to solving problems with an ability to adapt to changing scenarios
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
It would also be advantageous to have:
- Understanding and working use of BS 1192:2007 Collaborative production of architectural, engineering and construction information
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office packages.
- Working knowledge of BIM and its application within civil engineering, although full training will be provided;
Salary and benefits:
A competitive salary is available dependent on qualifications and experience together with a comprehensive benefits package. The client is committed to ensuring that all their staff are able to work to their full potential. Each member of staff is allocated a generous personal annual training and development budget. They encourage and support the attainment of professional qualifications such as CStructE / CEng / IEng and membership of professional institutions such as the IEI, ICE, IStuctE, or CIWEM.
Please note, you must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship requirement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search