Contracts Manager – South West
Contracts Manager required to join the South Western Regional team of this renowned main contracting group. Based from the Bristol area you will cover the South West including projects in Plymouth and Exeter.
This organisation is one of the largest and most successful privately owned construction and development groups in the UK. As one of the top 20 construction companies in the UK they understand their responsibilities to staff, clients, communities, supply chain and the environment.
Over the past five years, they have secured projects with a value of almost £3 billion and 63% of these were for returning clients. Their construction teams undertake work in ten key sectors which include; education, health, leisure, commercial, residential, industrial and distribution.
As a Contracts Manager you will head up site based operations on either 2-3 live schemes at any given time with project values in the £20-40M bracket, OR take lead responsibility on a much larger scheme exceeding £60M in value.
You will be responsible for:
- Assist in the development of the procurement programme
- Manage the selection of sub-contractors
- Manage site personnel, work activities and resources to meet the requirements of individual contracts.
- Monitor budget
- Develop a programme, monitor progress and ensure the contracts are delivered on time.
- Ensure contracts comply with Health, Safety and Welfare requirements.
- Ensure site personnel (including visitors) are aware of their own Health, Safety and Welfare requirements.
- Manage the identification of site hazards and ensure assessments and risk control methods are implemented.
- Ensure the performance of reporting staff are monitor through regular appraisals and reviews.
- Ensure identified individual development/training needs are met.
- Maintain the trust and support of reporting personnel
- Support individuals who have problems that may affect their performance.
- Manage/implement procedures on Recruitment, Discipline and Grievance.
What you’ll need to succeed:
In order to succeed you will have previous experience within construction, working on behalf of a tier one main contractor as Senior Project / Contract Manager. You will be able to demonstrate a stable and ideally progressive career background, with it being essential that you have experience within similar sector and valued works.
You will have the relevant qualifications to undertake the role as a Contracts Manager including; CSCS, SMSTS & 1ST Aid Accreditation’s.
What you’ll get in return:
In return you will receive a competitive salary commensurate to your experience and the role, additionally a car or car allowance and travel expenses. A contributory pension along with discounted health care schemes and other benefits.
How to apply:
In order to apply please apply directly to this web advert or send a copy of your most up to date CV us or to gain more detailed insight simply call on the details provided.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search