Engineering Manager – Control Systems
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Alstom are looking for curious and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Alstom creates smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. Joining Alstom means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Working for Alstom, a market leader with the most up-to-date technology, you will have the opportunity to learn, develop and grow in a thriving, technical company with the chance to progress quickly. Benefit from a nurturing culture of inclusive and collaborative innovation, joining a team of the right talents to solve real-world mobility challenges and invent the transport systems of tomorrow.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Engineering Manager (Control Systems). The Engineering Manager will assist in implementing the organisation’s engineering management system as required.
The successful candidate will lead on behalf of the Signalling Design Director as part of technical leadership of Control System design and implementation throughout the business.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure the on time and on budget delivery of Engineering deliverables assigned to projects or programmes
- Supporting the Design Director in the management and leadership of D&IS Engineering
- Responsible for the maintenance and application of current engineering process
- Responsible for the Engineering Team’s safety, technical briefing, and personal development programs
- Undertake and act as the lead technical interface with the client and product development team
- Knowledge of and applied Network Rail and RSSB (Rail Safety and Standard Board) Standards
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of and have applied CDM (Construction, Design and Management Regulations)
- Control system design experience, product development and application experience
- Knowledge of and applied CSM (Common Safety Method)
- Good communication skills and ability to undertake presentations
- Understanding of rail system integration
- Effective decision making and critical thinking skills
For further information on this fantastic opportunity contact Jake Rodger at Advance TRS
Advance TRS are RPO partners for Alstom’s permanent staff recruitment drive of rail signalling management, engineering and installation professionals in York, Derby, Birmingham, London, and Bristol, as part of CP6.
Advance TRS is a niche recruitment consultancy specialising in the provision of highly skilled technical professionals for the built environment. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver an exceptional level of customer service and seek to create long-lasting, dependable relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search