Technical recruiters for the built environment
Assistant Designer’s Site Rep/ Highway Engineer
We are currently looking for a talented Designer’s Site Representative (Senior Engineer) to join our client’s highway team, who are working on the A303 Sparkford to Ilchester project. There will also be opportunities to work on other projects in future that will be based out of our Bristol office.
You role will be to act as the interface between their office-based design team and the Contractor. You will also be ensuring construction is carried out in compliance with the provisions of the construction requirements and the other applicable provisions of the contract. Your role will require you to resolve technical and commercial issues that occur and also monitor progress in your areas of responsibility.
Key duties include:
- Ensuring the construction team understand the design and providing further clarity when required.
- Liaising between the construction team and our design teams where necessary to modify the design taking account of site variations and errors.
- Raising and replying to technical queries, RFI’s, etc.
- Ensuring work is carried out in compliance with the designs and specifications.
- Strong design experience of highways and drainage
- Experience undertaking a similar site-based role (preferred)
- To be able to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- A degree (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering or other relevant subject.
- Chartered Engineer (CEng) status and Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers, or you will be working towards it.
Our client is happy to take the Engineer on in either a contract or permanent capacity.
- Contract pay – Contract rate £40-47ph (Umbrella) / £30-35ph (PAYE)
- Contract will be initially set out as 12-18 months in duration
- Salary – £36,000 – £50,000 + benefits
For information about this position or any others within the Civil Engineering design market please contact Sean on 07415684436
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search