An opportunity to join a tier one signalling contractor and help deliver their eastern portfolio for the next five years as power engineer. This is due to having a major growth period and signalling contracts being awarded. For this role, you must have knowledge in one or more of design and operation of signalling power distribution.
The Power Engineer is required to be technically responsible for the accurate, complaint, timely and cost effective delivery of electrical design solutions that are allocated. Whilst also undertaking a number of responsibilities such as (but not limited to): –
* To provide electrical and power technical support to the business.
* To produce the design production of electrical schemes and systems
* To support the Power Department in undertaking internal and external technical investigations.
* To act as technical contact and liaison with clients and sub-contractors in order to resolve outstanding technical issues.
* Supporting the production regular reports on the power project scope performance.
* To assist the management team in making strategic decisions.
* Timely delivery of work package design, implementation, testing and commissioning.
* To monitor contracts involving electric and power ensuring they are technically compliant with relevant group and company standards.
* To support the Power Department in the review of new or altered electrical and power documents to consider their impact on the business.
* Degree level education in an Electrical/Electronic Engineering discipline or HND with time served.
* Working knowledge in one or more of design and operation of signalling power distribution, LV, HV up to 50kVac or LUL power systems.
* Knowledge of uninterruptable power supply (UPS) system integration and configuration.
* Knowledge of Programme logic controllers (PLC) and SCADA alarm systems.
* Knowledge of Auto Reconfiguration Power Systems.
* Knowledge of protection, coordination and discrimination of electrical systems.
* Knowledge of project programming of resources and activities.
* Knowledge of railway earthing and bonding practices.
* Customer liaison skills.
* Electrical design, testing and installation within the railway environment.
* In depth knowledge of group and client company standards.
* Understanding of appropriate legislation.
* In depth knowledge of railway construction methods and materials used.
* Detailed understanding of Electricity at Work and CDM Regulations.
* Member of IET, and working towards CEng.
* Knowledge of Class II systems.
APPLY NOW or call Sam Blair at Advance TRS for more details.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search