Principal Civil Engineer
Principal Civil Engineer – Derby
A leading Tier 1 contractor in the rail industry are looking for a Principal Civil Engineer to join their team in the Derby area. The ideal candidate will have experience of working in Civil Engineering design or construction and knowledge of railway construction methods.
The role will involve undertaking design, onsite construction activities and project integration activities. You will also be required to support the integration of the Civil Engineering activities with other disciplines.
- Undertake Civil Engineering activities including, requirements capture, design, compliance management, design integration, subcontractor management, construction integration, CDM, project delivery, construction validation, commissioning, hand-back and project closeout.
- Implement the organisations engineering management system within the local project location and across multiple sites when required.
- Support the Project Team with technical guidance, leadership, site safety and monitor the project’s performance to maximise efficiency’s and project delivery.
- Coordinate the Civil Engineering activities between the Subcontractors Responsible Engineer(s), Programme Engineering Manager; Principle Project Engineer, Project Management; Construction Manager and Design Delivery Managers
- Support the Project team with the development of suitable project plans to support efficient resource management and project delivery
- Develop and adapt the project technical instructions for Civil Engineering to enable the project methodology and installation activities to be undertaken in an efficient and safe manner.
- Assist with the development of engineering design details based upon the project technical requirements.
- Capability and technical knowledge to act as the Civil design engineer where allocated
- Ensure that the risk assessment and mitigation plan is adhered to so technical risks are managed effectively.
- Undertake design reviews to ensure that Design is delivered to programme and the output is compliant with defined scope and applicable standards
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search