Website AdvanceTRS Advance TRS Ltd
Specialist recruiters for the built environment.
The Thames Valley regional team of this national contracting group have identified the need to strength their work winning team and recruit a Proposals Manager.
Based from their Berkshire based office you will be responsible for:
- Participate and contribute to the development and incorporation of bid win themes within proposals. Ensure clear structure and consistency across sections
- Participate and oversee a storyboard process at proposal, section and/or question levels.
- Demonstrates use of document planning software to aid authors and control content of bids
- Support and share best practise / lessons learned through a Knowledge Bank and the Proposals Library
- Inputs to planning activities with horizons of typically 12 months
- Operates within agreed operational and/or management guidelines including IMS Proposals GN
- Interacts with client or users around specific work efforts and deliverables
- Supports delivery of Health and Safety policy and standards
- Manages the activities of others to meet deadlines and quality standards
- taking account of impact outside area of responsibility
- Identifies ways to reduce cost and improve service
- Manages variable costs (e.g. overtime and agency costs)
- Typically first line manager with overall people responsibility
Your required skills and training will include:
- Qualified in appropriate discipline (APMP or technical qualifications – Degree
- Experience of Bid Management / business development / Support
- Has excellent awareness of the Proposals Library and Internet Knowledge Banks.
- Intermediary IT skills in Microsoft Office Suite particularly Word and PowerPoint. Preferably Creative suite. Awareness and understanding of other supporting software including mind genius or similar
- Able to develop comprehensive answer and document plans, including requirements for supporting information, using appropriate tools and software, such as Mind Genius etc.
- Able to effectively manage available resources to ensure that all bids are delivered to the required standards.
- Able to engage with wider areas of the business (e.g. marketing, operations etc, procurement, safety and sustainability) in order to acquire information & resources which will strengthen the quality of bids
- Able to analyse Bid Documents and identify Critical Success Factors, Win Themes and Differentiators leading to clear messaging which aligns with the scoring criteria.
- Demonstrates good persuasive Writing Skills which are prescriptive and well substantiated with evidence, performance data, graphics etc.
- Ability to create Executive summaries that are aligned to strategic aims and operational approaches.
In return for your skill and experience you will be joining a thriving regional business, a business which holds P&L responsibility and has secured lucrative workload through frameworks and two stage procurement processes.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search