Senior Delivery Business Lead
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Senior Delivery Business Lead
My client is looking to bring in a Senior Delivery Business Lead to the business and objectves will include:
* Accountable for the end-to-end delivery of the Waste programmes (up to circa £1 Billion) across the framework to time and budget
* To drive real efficiency through sustained performance improvement and innovative ways of working.
* Provide inspirational leadership to deliver a step change in performance and delivery of the large-scale complex Waste programme portfolio, enhancing the current offering in the Waste Delivery arena.
* Instilling industry best practise, utilising their specialist teams and third parties effectively, ensuring complex programmes are delivered within the required criteria.
* Establish and grow the right capability to deliver their long term strategy beyond AMP7
* Remain customer focused and influence key stakeholders.
* Accountable for ensuring programmes are delivered in a safe and environmentally responsible manner, balancing cost, time and ensuring quality.
* Embed a strong performance management culture to support, mentor and develop a high performing team. Develop and manage the longer-term strategic resource and capability plan to ensure that essential skills, experience and competence is recruited, developed and retained in your team ahead of future needs.
* Challenge ways of working and seeking out innovative solutions, building capability and driving a step change in the performance of programme delivery through sustained cultural change.
* Foster strong industry relationships and research external best practice, working with a wide network of internal and external stakeholders, supply chain partners and consultants, to continually identify areas for improvement and innovation.
* Effectively utilise your team’s specialist knowledge, helping them put in place the processes and structure needed to build a delivery team operating at an industry leading standard, by creating the right tone and culture to support this strong performance across the internal business area teams and supply chain.
* Lead and foster this culture of curiosity and challenge in your team in order to maximise the opportunities to innovate and drive further efficiency and effectiveness of the delivery process and our ability to meet our ambitious goals for the environment and society.
* Provide internal and external support in relation to company Standards; acting personally as the key liaison and interface, ensure you always have sufficient Subject Matter Experts within your team, providing regular visibility of Standards changes, and provide informed challenge to the Standards whenever appropriate.
* Drive and improve safety performance and lead a sustainable change in safety culture across the teams and the supply chain.
* Capital efficiency – driving commercial and operational performance through optimisation of the end-to-end process, embedding a culture of continuous improvement.
* Continual benchmarking with market and external operations to ensure best practice solutions in design, price, and performance.
* Set, agree and control budgets for projects, and agree escalation points, key milestones, and time, cost quality and safety targets to ensure that objectives are achieved in line with programme plans
* Manage and oversee the budget and programme baselining activities required on behalf of the Capital Design and Delivery Programme Director
* Work alongside the Capital Design and Delivery Programme Director in developing and implementing changes to strategy relating to the capital programme and managing specific projects required to deliver wider Business Plan objectives.
* Collaborate and influence peers and senior stakeholders effectively to enhance the delivery of Waste Delivery programmes.
* Able to manage and align tensions of operational asset management with longer-term planning and value creation opportunities.
* Drive better engineering risk decisions through a thorough and robust risk management process; designing-out risk and making informed investment decisions based on depth of risk awareness.
In order to succeed in this role it is expected that you will have:
* A proven track record of successfully taking ownership and managing the end-to-end delivery of large, complex multi-disciplinary projects.
* Experience of working collaboratively with contract partners and internal and external stakeholders across a large geographical area.
* A track record of operating in an asset intensive industry where programme activity, innovation and process are a core feature of the business.
* A proven portfolio of work delivering strong financial and operational success.
* Experience of working within the water industry.
You will have:
* A dynamic and collaborative leadership style.
* Strong planning and implementation skills (ability to balance the operational leadership with strategic thinking and planning).
* Forward looking and proactive; looking ahead to anticipate problems and develop plans to overcome potential obstacles. Ability to create medium and longer-term plans and translate these into operational plans (in year) that drive business value.
* Drive to create new and engaging opportunities to support the development of the team’s performance.
* Clear thinking and ability to make educated judgements and decisions in the face of ambiguity.
* Constantly seek out and make improvements for the whole supply chain.
* Involves and engages senior stakeholders and get their input to ensure the best outcome.
* Taking the initiative to build key relationships both internally and externally to influence in the right way.
* A skilled networker, able to represent and influence industry bodies to input into long term initiatives.
* A natural way of living our values everyday through having courage, embracing curiosity, taking pride and showing care.
* Chartered Engineer – either Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Process, ICA, Telecommunications, Environmental Engineer or similar
* APM or Prince 2 or any equivalent project management qualification
* Degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject area
* Full UK Driving License
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search