Senior Maritime Engineer (Glasgow, Edinburgh or Warrington)
Website AdvanceTRS Advance TRS Ltd
Specialist recruiters for the built environment.
Senior Maritime Engineer – Warrington/Glasgow/Edinburgh
Do you have the drive, skills and ability to work with our client as a Senior Engineer, helping shape the future of their business. The role will involve working as a member of their well-respected technical team in our Warrington, Glasgow or Edinburgh office, working collaboratively to both secure and deliver work across their extensive client portfolio, with a focus on maritime and coastal engineering.
Our clients’ work centres around water and its journey from source to sea. They combine enthusiasm and passion with their technical expertise to solve complex engineering challenges that improve the world we live in. Their typical projects include ports and maritime infrastructure, along with river and coastal flood defence works.
They work on projects throughout their life cycle, from condition assessments and feasibility studies through to design and construction. They enjoy successful partnerships with their clients, other consultants and contractors from the private and public sector, delivering high profile infrastructure projects. Their collaborative approach ensures the projects they deliver meet their client’s needs in a sensitive and sustainable way. They embrace new technologies to design innovative outcomes that complement the environment and communities in which they reside; locally, nationally and globally.
Their talented, award-winning team come from diverse backgrounds and have wide-ranging experience, which enables them to deliver a broad variety of projects. As a member of their team, you will work on this diverse range of opportunities that will allow you to share and broaden your skills and knowledge within an agile, digital environment. Joining our clients’ team will give you the opportunity to experience new challenges and design for the future. They offer a balanced career which will provide flexibility around your personal life, empowering you to progress and achieve your personal aspirations.
- Chartered Civil Engineer with strengths in civils and structural engineering; preferably with maritime and coastal experience.
- Ability to demonstrate a proven track record of leading and working collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams.
- Working familiarity with relevant technical Codes of Practice and industry Standards.
- Have a valid UK driving licence and be available to travel.
- Leading and managing projects from inception to handover, on budget and to deadlines.
- Assisting in developing our service lines and delivering business development targets.
- Identify opportunities and prepare bids to commercial and competitive standards.
- Build client and internal relationships and help identify business opportunities; being the first point of contact.
- To maintain and expand a portfolio of clients through excellent professional relationships.
- Mentoring colleagues in developing technical knowledge and understanding.
- Possessing an agile, winning attitude.
- Able to generate innovative, digital solutions to challenges and follow them through.
- Self-motivated towards improving personal and team development.
- Excellent team working and communication skills.
- Strong reputation for excellent technical performance.
- Able to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search