Alstom are looking for curious and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Alstom creates smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. Joining Alstom means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Working for Alstom, a market leader with the most up-to-date technology, you will have the opportunity to learn, develop and grow in a thriving, technical company with the chance to progress quickly. Benefit from a nurturing culture of inclusive and collaborative innovation, joining a team of the right talents to solve real-world mobility challenges and invent the transport systems of tomorrow.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Safety Assurance Engineer, working with the Safety Assurance team to ensure projects and schemes meet legislative and customer requirements for safety.
The successful candidate will be ensuring that Alstom SS&I projects and UK production activities meet all necessary legislative and safety requirements and responsibilities.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Obtain and develop the approval of the MooN Smartlock platform, alongside a dedicated engineering team working on the UK application of the product
- To become the UK expert of the SmartLock MooN platform for Safety Assurance
- Coordinate all the Safety Assurance activities on products, systems and projects
- Build the Safety Reports and the Safety Case
- Practical implementation of an Engineering Safety Management Lifecycle for product introduction and large or complex project applications
- Experience in safety engineering or safety assurance
- Experience in leading and managing a team
- Detailed knowledge of the ‘Yellow Book’ and documentation
- Experience in the safety regime within the railway industry
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering related subject or equivalent
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer
- Experience with risk assessments and the required skills
- Experience with completing audits
For further information on this fantastic opportunity contact George More at Advance TRS
Advance TRS are RPO partners for Alstom’s permanent staff recruitment drive of rail signalling management, engineering and installation professionals in York, Derby, Birmingham, London, and Bristol, as part of CP6.
Advance TRS is a niche recruitment consultancy specialising in the provision of highly skilled technical professionals for the built environment. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver an exceptional level of customer service and seek to create long-lasting, dependable relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.