Assistant Design Manager
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Assistant Design Manager
An increasing busy organisation have identified the need to recruit an Assistant Design Manager to join their senior design team within the residential construction sector. This position will be a mix of working in their Oxfordshire based office and sites in the surrounding areas.
Furthermore, this is an opportunity to work on prestigious, high end residential schemes from inception to completion on behalf of this ambitious, project winning organisation. The successful candidate will have the support to enhance their progression and become an integral part of the design team.
As Assistant Design Manager you will be reporting into to the Senior Design Manager and assist in all design and technical matters ensuring that best practice is set, achieved and maintained at project level both during tender and construction stages. This role will involve working alongside the Engineering Managers, Project Managers and Project Directors, whilst reporting back to the Design Manager.
- To assist the Senior Design Manager in ensuring all design and technical matters that best practice is set, achieved and maintained at project level both during tender and construction stages.
- Actively contribute to the tender process including tender launch, adjudication and tender settlement meetings.
- Assist the Design Team to Identify risk and promote strategies and alternative design solutions to mitigate.
- Promote innovative solutions to develop work winning strategies at tender stage.
- Identification of value engineering opportunities.
- Assist in the preparation and attend tender presentations and interviews.
- Contribute in the production of contractor’s proposals and technical submission at tender stage.
- Consultant negotiations and appointment, including novated and directly appointed.
- Assembly of consultant appointment documents in accordance with company procedures.
- Maintaining design management procedures at each stage of the project.
- Produce detailed package scope of works and advise on work package content suitable for tendering, evaluate and make recommendations
- Assist in technical reviews and the evaluation of all design information received during all stages (tender and construction stages)
Skills & Experience:
- Preference for experience in main contract and /or developer residential construction
- The candidate will typically have undertaken a similar role in a similar sized business for a minimum of 3 years and be working towards a professional qualification.
- The candidate will have demonstrated a sound approach to assisting in the design process across a wide spectrum of procurement routes and will be able to evidence having managed a function or project team in this discipline.
- The ability to have experience covering new build and cut/carve refurbishment within the residential sector.
- Experience of technology-based tools and methods such as BIM and CAD systems is advantageous.
- Experienced in both single stage and two stage procurement processes including knowledge of all forms of construction contract.
- Able to assist the bid manager during pre-construction or construction as business needs dictate.
- Assist in the provision of design solutions and should have strong communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to review design documents to identify where gaps are missing, or details are not coordinated.
- Construction related higher level qualification preferred
In return for your growing skills and experiences within the design management of residential schemes you will have the opportunity to join a highly successful organisation, a business which truly values and rewards career progression, a business which are heading towards becoming a sector leading organisation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search