Technical recruiters for the built environment
Alstom are looking for curious and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Alstom creates smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. Joining Alstom means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Working for Alstom, a market leader with the most up-to-date technology, you will have the opportunity to learn, develop and grow in a thriving, technical company with the chance to progress quickly. Benefit from a nurturing culture of inclusive and collaborative innovation, joining a team of the right talents to solve real-world mobility challenges and invent the transport systems of tomorrow.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Planner based in Kings Cross. The Assistant Planner will report directly to the Lead Planner completing reports and tasks to company standards.
The successful candidate will assist with the preparation and maintenance of integrated and co-ordinated project programmes.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop comprehensive, logic linked, project programmes for UK SS&I projects incorporating resource planning, materials planning, cost-loading and earned value forecasting and reporting
- Assist with monitoring the programmes prepared to accurately reflect progress and maintain accurate earned value and resource data for internal and external purposes
- Assist in identifying critical paths and ensure action plans are developed and implemented to maximise project quality, cost, and delivery objectives
- Assist in providing regular reports and feedback to management on project progress and critical issues
- Assist in providing sufficiently accurate data to enable the Work Package Managers and Project Managers to ensure that co-ordinated project activity complies with and delivers company financial and business targets on cash and project margins
- Awareness of Planning Software (Primavera/Asta/Microsoft Project etc.) and Planning concepts (Critical Path, Float etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Educated to at least A Level Standard
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Experience in a project planning / scheduling role, including resource and cost-loading / forecasting
- Experience and knowledge of Primavera P6 Planning Software
- Knowledge and experience of the Rail Industry, particularly Rail Signalling
For further information on this fantastic opportunity contact Joe Moss at Advance TRS
Advance TRS are RPO partners for Alstom’s permanent staff recruitment drive of rail signalling management, engineering and installation professionals in York, Derby, Birmingham, London, and Bristol, as part of CP6.
Advance TRS is a niche recruitment consultancy specialising in the provision of highly skilled technical professionals for the built environment. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver an exceptional level of customer service and seek to create long-lasting, dependable relationships.
Visit our website for more information about opportunities to join Alstom or how we can support your next career move.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search