Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Alstom are looking for curious and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Alstom creates smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. Joining Alstom means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Working for Alstom, a market leader with the most up-to-date technology, you will have the opportunity to learn, develop and grow in a thriving, technical company with the chance to progress quickly. Benefit from a nurturing culture of inclusive and collaborative innovation, joining a team of the right talents to solve real-world mobility challenges and invent the transport systems of tomorrow.
An exciting opportunity has arisen as an Assistant Quantity Surveyor based in London. The Assistant Quantity Surveyor will advise the members of the Commercial and Project Teams on specified commercial topics.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of client and supplier accounts, as well as establish and maintain good relationships with the client, Project Team, sub-contractors, and suppliers.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Management of Client & Supplier Accounts
- Proactively administer sub-contractor accounts from project start up through to final account
- Accurately report sub-contract liabilities. Make sub-contract payments and issue notices strictly in accordance with contractual and legal requirements
- Establish and maintain records which are in compliance with project systems
- Internal Reporting Participate in the production of Monthly Project Reviews and Work Package Management Reviews, clearly identifying cost saving opportunities
- Contribute to the achievement of Project targets and budget
- Negotiate settlement of project sub-contract accounts
- Experience working in contracting commercial department
- Working knowledge of construction industry standard forms of contract and commercial terms
- Working knowledge of Planning and the use of programmes in the management of construction works
- Up to date Continuing Professional Development records
- Educated to a graduate entry degree level requirements or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year experience working for a contractor
- Experience working on target cost or design and construct contracts
- Graduate or Affiliate membership recognition by a Quantity Surveying institution, working towards a higher-level professional qualification
For further information on this fantastic opportunity contact Victoria Bartram at Advance TRS
Advance TRS are RPO partners for Alstom’s permanent staff recruitment drive of rail signalling management, engineering and installation professionals in York, Derby, Birmingham, London, and Bristol, as part of CP6.
Advance TRS is a niche recruitment consultancy specialising in the provision of highly skilled technical professionals for the built environment. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver an exceptional level of customer service and seek to create long-lasting, dependable relationships.
Visit our website for more information about opportunities to join Alstom or how we can support your next career move.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search