Assistant Signalling Designer – Electrical Engineer
An opportunity for an electrical graduate to join the largest rail contractor in the UK as an assistant signalling designer. You will work closely with the signalling design team members during the design life cycle to provide robust design solutions. You must have good communication skills, motivated to progress within the rail industry and have a degree relative to electrical design.
This opportunity will provide the successful candidate with a company that will support them to gain licences in engineering, large, challenging projects and opportunity to progress within the company.
* Ability to interact with other experts and peers and to problem solve and identify technical conflicts.
* Assist in the production of designs that comply with the company, technical and customer standards.
* Actively seek to improve design and engineering processes
* Participate in periodic CRE design reviews.
* IRSE licence log book kept up to date
* Good oral and written communication skills, good problem solving and solution building skills
* Accurate and able to concentrate on the task, time management and critically review own work.
* Numerate, organised, self-motivate
* Meticulous, with an eye for detail
* Proficient in the application of CAD packages
* Educated to degree level in an engineering discipline
* Membership of the IRSE (Institute of Railway Signalling Engineers)
* IRSE Assistant Design License
* Application of railway control system design activities.
* Application of RSSB, Network Rail and Industry recognised standards.
* Working in a multitask environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search