Associate Director (Flood Risk & Drainage)
Our client has an opportunity for an Associate Director to support an expanding and diverse workload in their Flood Risk and Drainage Team. You will be based in Berkshire, with the opportunity for hybrid working based on a minimum of three days working from the office.
The team has a variety of major and challenging infrastructure projects for the private and public sector Clients, across a range of development sectors. They seek to provide integrated flood risk and drainage solutions incorporating state of the art design.
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Engineer with the Institution of Civil Engineers or the Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management and be able to demonstrate the requirements detailed below:
- The ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with key clients;
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work independently and collaboratively;
- The ability to manage and deliver work to agreed timescales and budgets;
- Experience of drainage design and designing and implementing Sustainable Drainage Systems for new residential and commercial developments;
- Experience in preparing and submitting S104 Applications and providing drainage design support for S106 and S278 designs;
- A good understanding of the NPPF, the SuDS Manual, The Design and Construction Guidance and associated technical guidance.
- A good understanding of the requirements of Lead Local Flood Authorities and the Environment Agency in relation to flood risk and drainage;
- The preparation of Flood Risk Assessment Reports to support emerging masterplans and planning applications;
- Experience in writing and reviewing technical reports and the ability to conveying key messages in a simple and clear manner from complex technical documentation;
- A commitment to encouraging good health and safety practices within the workplace and within design;
- Able to mentor and develop the skills of junior members of your team.
Our client offers a competitive salary scheme with a range of additional benefits which include company car allowance (£6k p/a), discretionary bonus scheme and private healthcare.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and they do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, or disability status.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search