Below Ground Water Strategy Manager
Below Ground Water Strategy Manager
Hybrid Working – Covering Thames Valley
My client is looking to expand their Engineering & Asset team by bringing in a Below Ground Water Strategy Manager covering the Thames Valley patch ie Reading, Swindon and West London area with the option of hybrid working.
What you’ll be doing:
As the Below Ground Water Strategy Manager, you’ll be responsible for developing and driving the company’s long-term water network asset management strategy, including the development of their strategy to manage trunk and distribution main assets and their plans to achieve key performance commitments such as leakage reduction targets.
You’ll be responsible for leading investment scenarios and making strategic choices for PR24.
A key part of this role will be to lead and coordinate the company’s long-term vision for how the London water network will operate up to 2100, identifying strategic investment ahead of need and developing the appropriate evidence base to support the business case.
You’ll assist Operations and the wider asset planning team in the development of water network strategies to deliver company performance commitments in AMP and maintain an overview of key risks to our long-term goals and investment priorities.
You’ll also assist the regulatory reporting process each year, ensuring the data we provide externally is accurate and has been collated in line with established methodologies.
Day to day accountabilities include:
- Developing the company’s long-term water network investment planning strategies
- Working closely with external bodies to promote collaborative working
- Leading the development and delivery of the trunk and distribution mains strategies
- Supporting Operations in the development of water network strategies to meet company performance commitments
- Providing an overview of the key long term water network risks and investment priorities in the water network service
- Leading and developing asset management and analytical thinking and developing key staff capability to ensure business continuity and effective succession planning
You will have:
- Have excellent relationship, communication, and influencing skills, to clearly interact with stakeholders
- Have wide experience of the operational business and understanding of business functional operations
- Be educated to degree level or have outstanding role-specific knowledge in the water industry
- Be a credible leader with the drive and energy to deliver, lead and support teams
- Deliver exceptional strategies through an enthusiastic and positive approach, taking accountability for your role while working accurately and flexibly within a busy team
- Be a strategic thinker who has a strong engagement style and good communication skills
- Have sound judgement, be resolute, and hold an excellent decision-making track record
- Be an adaptable collaborator who can facilitate change across the business
Information about the client:
My client is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. They make a daily difference to their millions of customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km’s of pipes, to keep taps flowing and toilets flushing. They are an essential service and have operated throughout the Covid19 pandemic.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search