Civil Asset Condition Team Leader
Website AdvanceTRS Advance Training and Recruitment Services
Technical recruiters for the built environment
As the Civil Asset Condition Team Leader for wastewater, you will lead the condition assessment process for large civil assets within the business.
You will define, manage, and support in the undertaking and reporting of conditional assessment of all large civil assets and support in the definition of remedial works and investment requirements. You will act as a technical lead for civil condition assessment on wastewater assets and provide an overview of corporate governance in this area.
You will manage, guide and support a team of 5-10 engineers to achieve agreed objectives, providing leadership and development and wider support to the Reservoir Safety Team. You will be responsible for ensuring that there is a strong focus within the team on health and safety.
Working in a collaborative team, the areas of accountability include:
- Define the set of civil assets within the wastewater business and implement an appropriate condition assessment and inspection programme
- Provide an overview of civil asset conditions for the business to inform the corporate governance processes
- Undertake asset inspections, produce technical reports, and define remedial requirements resulting from asset inspections
- Monitor and report on the performance of the assessment condition programme against key performance indicators and other relevant measures, taking corrective action as necessary
- Implement business and technical developments to improve business performance
- Develop policies, standards, systems, and processes in asset condition assessment and provide the business with guidance and support relating to asset assessment
We’re looking for you to:
- Be a credible leader with the drive and energy to deliver, lead and support your team, driving a culture of safety and performance management across all teams
- Have a civil engineering degree or equivalent working knowledge. It would be great if you are a member of the Chartered Institute of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, to interact with our stakeholders, team members and colleagues
- Be competent with the use of complex IT systems and standard office software, including SAP
- Have a full driving licence as you will be required to travel as part of the role
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search