Cleanwater Modellers (Assistant to Senior)
Website AdvanceTRS Advance TRS Ltd
Specialist recruiters for the built environment.
Job Title: Clean Water Modeller
Location(s): UK Wide
Contract type: Permanent
As a result of Framework wins and ongoing expansion our client is looking to recruit a number of Clean Water Modellers with various levels of experience from Assistant to Senior Modeller. These roles can be based anywhere within the UK and can be hybrid/remote based with main office locations including Edinburgh, Glasgow, Brighton, Derby and Exeter.
Our clients Clean Water Modellers work within their team to provide modelling, calibration and analytical support on a range of clean water projects. The salary you can expect is between £25,000 – £45,000 depending on role and experience.
This is an exciting and evolving industry, providing challenges and opportunities which require innovation, dedication and team work to help us meet our clients’ needs.
Our client needs people who share their passion on solving the problems that matter. Their flat structure creates greater collaboration and speed of communication and working with some of the brightest minds in the industry, they’ll need your input.
What you’ll be doing
- Construct, calibrate and maintain strategic and all-mains network models
- Deliver feasibility studies, model use studies, optioneering and development assessments for water supply networks
- Collate and analyse recorded flow and pressure data, prepare and co-ordinate site survey and field-testing programmes
- Prepare technical reports and deliverables; continually reviewing deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor project tasks, and report regularly on project status
- Ensure quality of modelling outputs and compliance with standards, specifications and governance requirements
- Project management of small projects
- Maintain strong and collaborative working relationships and interactions with clients
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with other team members to provide technical support and assistance
- Travelling to the client and/or other offices might be required, depending on location
Who we’re looking for
With experience within this sector, you may already be familiar with what we’re looking for.
- Preferably Degree qualified in a relevant technical subject. Post graduate qualifications an advantage
- Demonstrate relevant experience in modelling in either a consultancy or water company
- Proficiency in MS 365 applications, and have knowledge in advanced Excel and Visual Basic
- Proficient in modelling software using InfoWorks WS, Synergi Water or similar
- Working knowledge of GIS Systems (preferably MapInfo, ArcGIS, QGIS).
- Skilled in the manipulation and handling of large datasets
- You will have demonstrable experience in discipline specific data analysis packages, which may be water focussed such as InfoWorks or InfoAsset
- General understanding of the UK water industry
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Full UK Driving Licence preferable
What’s in it for you?
Our client is proud to be an accredited ILM training provider, internationally recognised and providing robust fully accredited professional training programmes – to master’s degree level professional qualifications in leadership & management and executive coaching & mentoring, they support learning and development for everyone.
They understand the need to work flexibly, with agile offices and hybrid working offered as standard, they’re happy to talk about flexible working. This is a workplace that works for you.
They encourage and value different ideas, perspectives, and styles of thinking. They need a mix of experiences and skills to develop the most innovative ideas. They respect one another and recognise the potential and contribution of everyone. You’ll be joining a diverse community and a company that puts its people first and prioritises their wellbeing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search