Alstom are looking for curious and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Alstom creates smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. Joining Alstom means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Working for Alstom, a market leader with the most up-to-date technology, you will have the opportunity to learn, develop and grow in a thriving, technical company with the chance to progress quickly. Benefit from a nurturing culture of inclusive and collaborative innovation, joining a team
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Manager in Cork. The Commercial Manager will be responsible for the management of site construction activities from tender to commissioning.
The successful candidate will be a proactive, ambitious leader responsible for building a framework of commercial processes. Establishing strong customer relationships and recruiting high performers to work collaboratively with customers.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide commercial expertise and clear guidance on NEC contract requirements and documentation
- Build a strong commercial team and develop positive relationships with client, subcontractors and suppliers
- Manage client change control account up to and including final account.
- Produce and issue target cost client application for payment in line with contract requirements and align with programme Earned Value
- Background in techniques and technologies in Rail, signalling in particular
- Proven success in management of Commercial and Quantity Surveying teams
- Collaborative challenging style with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Educated to Degree level – BSc Quantity Surveyor, ideally to Chartered status
- Contractor background with strong multi-discipline D&B experience
- Up to date knowledge of current construction legislation
- Ability to deliver training to commercial audiences relating to contract and commercial activities
For further information on this fantastic opportunity contact George More at Advance TRS
Advance TRS are RPO partners for Alstom’s permanent staff recruitment drive of rail signalling management, engineering and installation professionals in York, Derby, Birmingham, London, and Bristol, as part of CP6.
Advance TRS is a niche recruitment consultancy specialising in the provision of highly skilled technical professionals for the built environment. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver an exceptional level of customer service and seek to create long-lasting, dependable relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search