The role – We are looking for a Construction Manager for our Norwich Western Link project. You will be responsible for hitting programme targets whilst ensuring work is completed to required cost, technical and design specifics, quality and safety standards of the project.
- Monitor site progress such as ensuring equipment is installed according to the Programme.
* Forecast work ahead of the programmes and recommend extra resources or alternative work processes when necessary to maintain or increase performance.
* Monitor project costs and alert our Project Manager of any cost discrepancies
* Maintain daily records of all site activities, including information on labour and plant and any non-compliant materials or workmanship.
* Identify and recommend solutions to design issues whilst taking into account engineering procedure and the construction schedule
* Manage the site team whilst taking into account personnel issues and staff training and development
* Interpret design specifications
* Work in partnership with the sub-contractors and consider the environment and community around the project
* Ensure company procedures are implemented
* Contribute to the achievement of Health and Safety in accordance with company policy
* Monitor and assess staff capability and performance
* To promote company values in all dealings with other employees, clients, subcontractors and other external contacts
Skills & experience
- Experience in building relationships with external parties
* Significant construction technology knowledge and experience
* A highly capable construction problem solver
* Detailed knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
* Excellent communication skills and ability to interact at a variety of levels internally
* Computer literate
* CSCS card
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search