Website AdvanceTRS Advance Training and Recruitment Services
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Advance TRS Construction currently represent this highly regarded contractor, developer and investor working with customers to help develop, and create communities where people enjoy living.
A business who prides themselves on their ability to build long-term partnerships to deliver high quality, value-for-money services to meet customer’s place-making ambitions. They promote a people-focused inclusive culture where teams are valued.
A clientèle including; local authorities, housing associations and private partners brings wider benefits to a community including local employment, training and community initiatives to ensure they deliver a sustainable legacy.
As a result of continued success in securing ever increasing workloads they have identified the need to recruit a Project Planner to join their team on a permanent basis.
- Creating, maintaining and reviewing a programme of work – Responsible for creating large project schedules ensuring quality, logic, clarity and accuracy. From various sources.
- Ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget
- Liaising with surveyors, engineers and architects — Support the use/integration of project and contract management systems into the daily operation of the business. Producing progress reports and forecasts for team members, clients and stakeholders
- Breaking large jobs down into phases of development – Perform project progress monitoring duties including identifying critical path activities and reviewing forecasts with progress achieved to date.
- Using project management tools to plan time frames – Assist the Project Manager with evaluating schedule impacts arising from sourcing decisions.
- Planning contingency programmes in case time frames change – Provide relevant reports and planning support to both project team members and management to ensure the team has all the tools required to make the right decisions to execute the project and meet all established project deadlines.
- Meeting with contractors and suppliers – Clearly communicate roles, expectations, and accountabilities to all team members on a regular basis. Regularly keep management and stakeholders informed of problems, issues, and status of on-going projects.
- Demonstrating knowledge of construction
- Managing several projects with the support of junior planners
- Working between offices and construction sites.
Workloads are consistently in a commutable distance to the greater London region, including Southern Home Counties. You must live within a sensible commute to the Surrey / Sussex border area and have the ability to travel to projects as required.
You will possess:
- A demonstrable track history of recent employment working for a main contract construction company or Housing Developer
- Clear construction methodology experience, we are not looking for someone who can simply schedule a programme
- New build, high rise residential construction experience
- Adept in the use of Asta / MS Projects programming software
For more information regarding this fantastic opportunity please don’t hesitate to make contact.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search