Website AdvanceTRS Advance TRS Ltd
Specialist recruiters for the built environment.
This is an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Advisor to join a highly reputable Principal Contractor in their Rail division. You be working for one of the main players in the very busy Rail Sector. The company has grown year on year after winning large packages of works in South East England.
The Environmental Advisor will implemented environmental procedures and processes, providing guidance and advice across rail projects to ensure environmental issues are managed appropriately on site.
- Provision of advice and guidance to the projects on managing a wide range of environmental issues.
- Advise projects to ensure that environmental risks and opportunities realised.
- Ensure implementation of company environmental procedures and processes on projects.
- Ensure implementation of any client-specific project requirements.
- Review of and implementation of Client environmental standards,
- First point of contact for Advisor queries.
- Carry out environmental inspections for allocated projects.
- Track environmental commitments within the projects.
- Update environmental management plans if required.
- Produce environmental reports / monthly comms input as required.
- Responsibility for assessing waste compliance and third-party checks on Site Waste Management Plan.
- Data gathering for the periodic Key Performance Indicator reports.
- Assist with delivery of on-site environmental training.
- Attend meetings as required to support Stage 1 and Stage 2 projects.
- Monthly and weekly reporting timescales are
- Adherence to Framework/Business Unit Objectives
- Ensure all Framework KPI measures are met applicable to your
- Customers and stakeholders
Health, Safety, Environment and Quality
- Comply with Company procedures and legal obligations at all times, promoting best
- Promote safety rules and establish safe working cultures and practices and environmental compliance, stop any unsafe work conditions.
- Maintain and manage construction sites and subcontractors, developing positive working
- Oversee and ensure that all HSEQ-related documentation is kept up to date and briefed, as
- Ensure that daily, weekly, and monthly environmental inspections are carried out and all audits and reports are
- Liaise with relevant third parties and government
- Ensure that the environmental QA file is produced and maintained by the site teams.
- Ensure the work is delivered environmental snag/defect free and on
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Environmental, geography degree (or equivalent)
- Member of IEMA or IEEM
- Minimum of 1 years-experience of working in an environmental or sustainability role preferably in construction or the charity sector.
- Working knowledge of current UK environmental legislation and best practice
- Awareness of ISO 14001:2015
- Engaged in the sustainability agenda.
- Competency to manage the supply chain, contractors, customers, and stakeholders.
Please contact Joe Moss if you would like to hear more information about this opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search