Website AdvanceTRS Advance Training and Recruitment Services
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Contract Length: 12 months
IR35: Inside IR35 – £350-£390 p/day – Depending on level of experience
If Sentinel Role – Competencies required: basic PTS
Sentinel competencies required from Day 1 – Yes
Supporting all aspects of environmental management within the Southern Region, the ideal candidate should have demonstrable experience working in the operation and enhancement of linear infrastructure. In particular, the candidate should have broad experience working in areas including energy and carbon reduction, waste management, social performance and biodiversity management.
Committed to the strategy and delivery over the next two years. Plan and coordinate within the business on how this is going to happen. Deliver the project themselves.
1. Provide expert technical advice on environmental management and sustainability requirements relevant to both operational aspects of the railway and the design and delivery of enhancement projects.
2. Assist in the implementation of the Environmental Sustainability Strategy and regional delivery plan, working with all relevant business areas and the supply chain to enable successful delivery.
3. Work with project and operational teams to determine practical and deliverable measures to improve their environmental and sustainability performance.
4. Drive the implementation of best practices within operational teams, project teams and the supply chain by capturing and sharing lessons learnt to deliver efficiencies.
5. Design, deliver and implement environment and sustainability education and training for the Region, supporting staff to understand their responsibilities, and improve technical awareness of environmental aspects.
6. Co-ordinate activities involved in the process of obtaining consents required by environmental legislation and any conditions pertaining to delivery of operational procedures or projects.
7. Support process for identifying and approving environmental design requirements.
8. Monitor environmental performance of operational processes and projects.
9. Assist in environmental and social incident investigation
* Educated to a degree standard
* Membership of a relevant professional institution [IEMA].
* Good communication and report writing skills.
* Comprehensive knowledge and appreciation of environmental and project management disciplines to a high standard
* Experience in implementing environmental requirements for major infrastructure projects, preferably in the railway industry
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search