Technical recruiters for the built environment
Alstom are looking for curious and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Alstom creates smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. Joining Alstom means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Working for Alstom, a market leader with the most up-to-date technology, you will have the opportunity to learn, develop and grow in a thriving, technical company with the chance to progress quickly. Benefit from a nurturing culture of inclusive and collaborative innovation, joining a team of the right talents to solve real-world mobility challenges and invent the transport systems of tomorrow.
A new opportunity has arisen for an Estimator/Cost Manager based in Derby. The Estimator/Cost Manager will report directly to the Lead Cost Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for collating and commercialising cost estimates for tender submissions.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the Pricing and Competitiveness team to build a clear picture of market pricing and the price to win landscape
- Collate all estimates received from discipline heads and subcontractors into an overall project cost build up
- Maintain a fully auditable trail of all cost build-ups
- Prepare cash flow analysis and other financial information when required
- Undertake reviews on the precision and accuracy of all internal estimates, challenging differences and omissions in scope requirements and highlighting areas where pricing appears outside international and UK market norms
- Degree qualified in a discipline with a high mathematical content or an equivalent Engineering qualification
- Knowledge of the procurement process and financial awareness
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, comfortable using large datasets and advanced formulae
- Knowledge of key elements of tender process
- Signalling background and understanding of signalling products and systems
- General engineering background
- Ability to code macros
For further information on this fantastic opportunity contact Victoria Bartram at Advance TRS
Advance TRS are RPO partners for Alstom’s permanent staff recruitment drive of rail signalling management, engineering and installation professionals in York, Derby, Birmingham, London, and Bristol, as part of CP6.
Advance TRS is a niche recruitment consultancy specialising in the provision of highly skilled technical professionals for the built environment. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver an exceptional level of customer service and seek to create long-lasting, dependable relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search