Flood Risk Modeller
Our client has an opportunity for a Flood Modeller to support an expanding and diverse workload in their Flood Risk and Drainage Team. You will be based in their Berkshire office, with the opportunity for hybrid working based on a minimum of three days working from the office.
The team has a variety of major and challenging infrastructure projects for the private and public sector Clients, across a range of development sectors. Our client seeks to provide integrated flood risk and drainage solutions incorporating state of the art design.
The ideal candidate will be working towards achieving Chartered Engineer status with the Institution of Civil Engineers or the Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management and be able to demonstrate the requirements detailed below:
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work independently and collaboratively;
- The ability to manage and deliver work to agreed timescales and budgets;
- Experience with 1D and 2D hydraulic modelling, particularly Flood Modeller and Tuflow;
- Experience with assessing flood hydrology, in particular the Flood Estimation Handbook, ReFH2 and WINFAP;
- Recognising and communicating flooding and drainage related constraints and opportunities at development sites;
- Producing and reviewing a wide range of FRAs and ideally drainage strategies using MicroDrainage, Infodrainage and Causeway Flow;
- Good knowledge of the planning system, in particular policy and guidance including the NPPF and SuDS Manual;
- Good knowledge of the water industry in both the public and private sectors;
- River engineering and restoration experience would be beneficial;
- Good financial control, project management and communication skills in a client facing role.
Our client offers a competitive salary scheme with a range of additional benefits, including accredited training schemes with both the Institution of Civil Engineers or the Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management.
They are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, or disability status.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search