Website AdvanceTRS Advance TRS Ltd
Specialist recruiters for the built environment.
My client is looking for a Geo-Environmental Consultant to join their team in their Mountain Ash office near Cardiff. You will have demonstrable post-graduate experience and had some exposure to some of the following: contaminated land assessment: site investigation, soil and groundwater sampling, Phase 1 desk studies, Phase 2 Intrusive assessment, quantitative risk assessment, waste classification.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the day-to-day delivery of projects working closely with and being supported by other team members.
A degree in one of the following or associated science/engineering disciplines:
- Geology, Environmental Science
- Environmental Geoscience
- Applied Geology
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
We’re Looking For Someone Who:
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in geo-environmental consulting.
- A good understanding of the application of the CL:AIRE DoWCoP and other material re-use mechanisms (exemptions and permits).
- Has a full UK driving licence (or equivalent) – this is essential to the role.
- Right to work in the UK.
- Has the ability to use your initiative and be self-motivated.
- Has confidence to ask questions to understand objectives and expectations.
- Has excellent communication skills.
- Has the ability to remain calm and focused under pressure.
- Has the ability to learn quickly and be adaptable to change.
- Has the ability to deliver on commitments on time and at the right quality.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Has self-awareness and understands own limitations.
- Is able to effectively manage time.
- Has a strong work ethic.
- Has the ability to work to a defined budget and timescales.
- Can build rapport and relationships with peers.
- Can build trust and sustainable support network.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, practically minded, confident and self-motivated, with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Having flexibility working within a team setting is essential.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search