Graduate Cost Manager
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Alstom are looking for curious and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Alstom creates smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. Joining Alstom means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Working for Alstom, a market leader with the most up-to-date technology, you will have the opportunity to learn, develop and grow in a thriving, technical company with the chance to progress quickly. Benefit from a nurturing culture of inclusive and collaborative innovation, joining a team of the right talents to solve real-world mobility challenges and invent the transport systems of tomorrow.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Cost Manager based in Derby. The Cost Manager will report directly to the Lead Cost Manager.
The successful candidate will lead and drive the production of early pre-tender indictive estimates for tender submissions.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Continuously develop and update the cost build-up modelling tool
- Provide cost breakdowns and budgets to Commercial Manager/Project Manager against which project implementation costs are to be measured
- Directly support the continuous improvement of tendering performance to drive better pricing outcomes
- Support the Estimator/Cost Manager by offering a mentorship through training and experience-based guidance
- Provide different pricing scenarios and commercial/financial models to reflect the tender pricing structure
- Populate the clients’ Pricing Document/Bill of Quantities when required
- Degree qualified in a discipline with high mathematical content or equivalent Engineering qualification
- General engineering background
- Ability to code macros
For further information on this fantastic opportunity contact Victoria Bartram at Advance TRS
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search