Lead Power Engineer
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Alstom are looking for curious and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Alstom creates smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. Joining Alstom means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Working for Alstom, a market leader with the most up-to-date technology, you will have the opportunity to learn, develop and grow in a thriving, technical company with the chance to progress quickly. Benefit from a nurturing culture of inclusive and collaborative innovation, joining a team of the right talents to solve real-world mobility challenges and invent the transport systems of tomorrow.
A new opportunity has become available as a Lead Power Engineer, based in either Birmingham or York. The Lead Power Engineer will support the Power Engineering Manager and Principal Engineer with projects.
The successful candidate will lead and undertake the design and production of power systems and subsystem interfaces, as well as the management of Power and Assistant Power Engineers.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide electrical and power technical support to the business
- To support the Power Department in undertaking internal and external technical investigations
- To provide mentorship and guidance to the junior members of the Power Department
- To be technically responsible for the accurate and compliant delivery of electrical design solutions
- To act as Contractor’s Responsible Engineer (CRE) for Power or Power Project Engineer on allocated schemes or work
- To liaise with internal stake holders
- Degree level education in an Electrical/Electronic Engineering discipline or HND with time served
- Valid PTS with AC/DC
- Full valid driving license
- Member of IET
- C&G 2382
- Working towards IEng / CEng
- C&G 2394
For further information on this fantastic opportunity contact Sam Riley at Advance TRS
Advance TRS are RPO partners for Alstom’s permanent staff recruitment drive of rail signalling management, engineering and installation professionals in York, Derby, Birmingham, London, and Bristol, as part of CP6.
Advance TRS is a niche recruitment consultancy specialising in the provision of highly skilled technical professionals for the built environment. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver an exceptional level of customer service and seek to create long-lasting, dependable relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search