Lead Systems Engineer
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Alstom are looking for curious and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Alstom creates smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. Joining Alstom means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Working for Alstom, a market leader with the most up-to-date technology, you will have the opportunity to learn, develop and grow in a thriving, technical company with the chance to progress quickly. Benefit from a nurturing culture of inclusive and collaborative innovation, joining a team of the right talents to solve real-world mobility challenges and invent the transport systems of tomorrow.
A fantastic opportunity has opened for a Lead Systems Engineer, based in Hatfield. The Lead Systems Engineer will support the project and development of signalling interlocking solutions, software, and processes for UK projects.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ensure delivery of standardised objectives and optimum systems solutions on allocated projects
- Participate in the development of new systems solutions
- Support to safety assurance on the application CSM on allocated projects / products including the development of Generic and Specific Application Safety Cases
- Work with the Systems Engineering Manager to establish matters of best practice
- Act as system architect or Bid Technical Manager to support project tenders
- Technical team leadership for Systems Engineers
- Support the project in the field by providing second line product support to customers
- Good knowledge of client and systems standards and legislation
- HNC or HND level education in an engineering relation subject
- Knowledge of the UK railway safety approval processes
- Good knowledge of systems engineering principles and good understanding of relevant systems and software tools and the aptitude to develop skills further
- Experience working in a railway system engineering environment
- Knowledgeable of Commercial and financial awareness
- A valid PTS
- Corporate Member of an engineering institute
- IRSE Systems or Engineering Managers licence
- A high degree of computer and software literacy
For further information on this fantastic opportunity contact Sam Riley at Advance TRS
Advance TRS are RPO partners for Alstom’s permanent staff recruitment drive of rail signalling management, engineering and installation professionals in York, Derby, Birmingham, London, and Bristol, as part of CP6.
Advance TRS is a niche recruitment consultancy specialising in the provision of highly skilled technical professionals for the built environment. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver an exceptional level of customer service and seek to create long-lasting, dependable relationships.
Visit our website for more information about opportunities to join Alstom or how we can support your next career move.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search