Major Works Tester in Charge
Website AdvanceTRS Advance TRS Ltd
Specialist recruiters for the built environment.
Due to our client winning high amounts of work for CP6 we are looking for a Tester in Charge (TIC), who has experience in major work. This is an excellent and exciting opportunity to join their signalling office and work with the latest signalling equipment on the market, and be part of a growing team with a great working ethos. Working for one of the biggest contractors in the rail sector globally, our client has won major re-signalling schemes across the country.
The Major Work Tester in Charge (MwTIC) would be expected to be able to evaluate the design documentation in order to plan the delivery strategy for the signalling assets. We are looking for an individual who has the personality to be able to build a team around them and provide the platform to grow the individuals in the team.
This is a critical role for our client’s business as the TIC supplies the documentation for the verification and validation of the signalling system by testing in accordance with our client’s policies and procedures. Within this role, you as a TIC will be expected to produce reports of the findings to the project director on the signalling works involved.
- Ensure the complex/major works signalling project is managed and delivered on time, to budget and to current group standards
- Responsible for the complete testing of the complex/major works signalling scheme
- Forecast resources for project works to Work Package Owner
- Manage and motivate allocated testing staff effectively
- Effectively attend and onward brief team briefing in technical documents, company safety briefings and alerts
- Carry out risk assessments for planned works
- Produce testing documentation to NR and project requirements and standards
- Produce site project documentation in a timely manner to deliver programmed works
- Maintain IRSE Logbook, Maintain IRSE Tester In Charge Licence
- TIC Licence 1.3.190
- Valid PTS ac/dc certificate
- Emergency First Aid
- Manual Handling
- IOSH Managing Safety
- Knowledge of contract conditions
- Understanding of planning process
- Knowledge of risk assessment process
- In-depth knowledge of group & line standards
- Commercial awareness
- Knowledge of HSE requirements
- Appreciation of design & installation
- Report writing
- Ability to analyse data effectively
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search