Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer (All Levels)
Salary: £30,000 – £55,000, Depending on level of experience
My client is looking appoint Mechanical Design Engineers to join their team in Basingstoke on a permanent basis.
Have you thought about progressing your career in the water industry? Water is an essential part of our everyday lives. My client provides crucial roles in designing and delivering sustainable water and wastewater treatment solutions that address the need for drinking water and sanitation, improve people’s lives, protect the environment, and make a difference to the world. Through a process of design, creation and innovation, engineers here produce solutions which are safe, sustainable, and cost-effective. My client has enjoyed sustained and controlled growth. They now hold a prominent position as one of the leading MEICA providers in the UK water industry.
This role will involve:
* Complying with Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental management systems.
* Advising & coordinating preconstruction design systems
* Analysis of subcontractor tenders
* Assisting with cost planning, estimation and tendering activities
* Working with a design team
* Working on mechanical designs to improve value management
* Liaising with clients, suppliers and subcontractors
* Co-ordination of mechanical site delivery
* MEng or BEng in Mechanical Design Engineering or equivalent
* Proven experience in a previous mechanical design engineering position preferably with experience on projects between £100K – £5M+
* Solid understanding of mechanical discipline in the water sector
* Preconstruction design & cost evaluation
* Design estimation & cost planning
* Knowledge and experience of taking projects from design, through installation to commissioning.
* Client facing skills
* Excellent negotiation, time management and presentation skills
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Must be flexible and willing to travel
* Have a thorough knowledge of Health & Safety, Quality Assurance and Environmental disciplines
* IOSH Managing safely
What my client offers:
You’ll receive a competitive salary and benefits package and any relevant training to equip you with the technical and commercial knowledge you’ll need to gain further experience and progress your career.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search