Technical recruiters for the built environment
Alstom are looking for curious and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Alstom creates smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. Joining Alstom means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Working for Alstom, a market leader with the most up-to-date technology, you will have the opportunity to learn, develop and grow in a thriving, technical company with the chance to progress quickly. Benefit from a nurturing culture of inclusive and collaborative innovation, joining a team of the right talents to solve real-world mobility challenges and invent the transport systems of tomorrow.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Planning Manager based in Cambridge. The Planning Manager will report to the Head of Planning and to the Project Director/Lead Project Manager.
The successful candidate will lead and manage the preparation and maintenance of integrated and co-ordinated project programmes using P6 Project Planning software.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the development of project programmes for UK SS&I projects
- Ensure that all ‘Clause 14’ baseline programmes are in place for each project
- Identify critical paths and ensure action plans are developed and implemented
- Provide regular feedback and reports to management on key issues and focus areas
- Act as Work Package Manager (WPM) for Planning on a project, taking responsibility for the Planning function
- Maintain the interface between Planning, Finance and Project Management
- Experience in project planning/scheduling
- Experience and knowledge of Primavera P6 Planning Software
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Experience and knowledge of Earned Value Management
- Knowledge and experience of working in a business process environment
- Knowledge and experience of Rail Signalling
- Experience of Primavera Risk / Quantitative Schedule Risk Analysis (QRSA)
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
For further information on this fantastic opportunity contact Sam Riley at Advance TRS
Advance TRS are RPO partners for Alstom’s permanent staff recruitment drive of rail signalling management, engineering and installation professionals in York, Derby, Birmingham, London, and Bristol, as part of CP6.
Advance TRS is a niche recruitment consultancy specialising in the provision of highly skilled technical professionals for the built environment. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver an exceptional level of customer service and seek to create long-lasting, dependable relationships.
Visit our website for more information about opportunities to join Alstom or how we can support your next career move.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search