Technical recruiters for the built environment
Alstom are looking for curious and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Alstom creates smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. Joining Alstom means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Working for Alstom, a market leader with the most up-to-date technology, you will have the opportunity to learn, develop and grow in a thriving, technical company with the chance to progress quickly. Benefit from a nurturing culture of inclusive and collaborative innovation, joining a team of the right talents to solve real-world mobility challenges and invent the transport systems of tomorrow.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Power Engineer, the Power Engineer will report directly to the Power Engineering Manager and into the Contracts Engineering Manager and Project Management.
The successful candidate will undertake the design and production of power systems and subsystem interfaces for Alstom Transport project solutions.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Liaise with internal stake holders
- Provide electrical and power technical support to the business
- Produce the design production of electrical schemes and systems
- Support the Power Department in undertaking internal and external technical investigations
- Carry out design risk assessments
- Assist the management team in making strategic decisions
- Degree level education in an Electrical/Electronic Engineering discipline or HND with time served
- Knowledge of Programme Logic Controllers (PLC) and SCADA alarm systems
- Knowledge of Auto Reconfiguration Power Systems
- Knowledge of uninterruptable power supply (UPS) system integration and configuration
- Working knowledge in one or more design and operation of signalling power distribution, LV, HV up to 50KVac or LUL power systems
- Electrical design, testing, and installation within the railway environment
- Understanding of appropriate legislation
- Member of IET and working towards CEng
- Knowledge of Class II systems
For further information on this fantastic opportunity contact Sam Blair at Advance TRS
Advance TRS are RPO partners for Alstom’s permanent staff recruitment drive of rail signalling management, engineering and installation professionals in York, Derby, Birmingham, London, and Bristol, as part of CP6.
Advance TRS is a niche recruitment consultancy specialising in the provision of highly skilled technical professionals for the built environment. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver an exceptional level of customer service and seek to create long-lasting, dependable relationships.
Visit our website for more information about opportunities to join Alstom or how we can support your next career move.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search