Principal Geotechnical Engineer
Website AdvanceTRS Advance Training and Recruitment Services
Technical recruiters for the built environment
PRINCIPAL GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER
Our client is a growing civil engineering consultancy and looking to add to their increasingly busy Glasgow team.
Over the past few years, they have expanded a lot and specialise predominantly within the rail design market. This is the perfect opportunity to join a company who are steadily expanding.
This role will be to look after the Geotechnical department and will allow somebody to take on a great deal of responsibility. Our client is happy to be flexible on the grade somebody could start in and would welcome applications from Senior and Associate level engineers also.
The company have a flexible/hybrid working policy that allows staff to work in the office 2/3 days and allows them to condense their hours.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Manage day-to-day requirements for all areas of project delivery; including technical, safety and financial aspects to maintain compliance policy and procedures
* Managing and delivering complete design packages for remedial, enabling, permanent and temporary works (e.g. earthworks, retraining walls, soil nailing and working platforms),
* Secure regular and ongoing projects from key rail clients.
* Managing on time, in full, on budget delivery of projects.
* Mentoring, professional development and PMR’s for direct reports.
* Undertake where required on site project works within the rail environment, sometimes at night and/or to remote locations, to identify issues and solve problems in a safe and professional manner.
* Manage own CPD and Development Action Plan with support from the DOR
* Meet business critical KPIs including safety and financial matrix
* Maintain engineering technical knowledge of standards, policies, and procedures
* Represent the company at meetings with clients, contractors, design teams etc
* Degree in Civil Engineering or relevant equivalent degree
* Chartered or Incorporated status with ICE or equivalent; or on route to sitting professional review
* Extensive experience of Geotechnical design is a must
- Experience of applying design software (RSPile, Settle3, Slide2, etc)
* Working knowledge of Eurocodes and associated industry and group standards
* Valid UK driving license
* Experience of working within the railway sector, familiar with Network Rail policies and procedures
* Current PTS card holder
* Able to work independently on various projects simultaneously
* Able to manage commercial aspects of projects from cradle to grave
* Demonstrate capability of working to multi-project programmes
For information about this position or any others within the Civil Engineering Design market please contact Calum French on 02394317816
Please note to be eligible for to be considered for the role, you must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship requirements.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search